PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B717 Fleet to increase to 20.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2015, 08:50
empire4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qlinks so called "In source" of line and heavy you say. Well here are the facts. Qlink have in sourced the heavy maintenance and relocate it to Canberra starting first check in October. ALL staff are being employed by Korr under the sham "independent contractor" contract whereby you get no annual leave, no sick leave, no benefits. You may be lucky and get a uniform. Superannuation is part of your hourly rate and you must pay your own. You have to have an ABN. Do a little research and you'll be well surprised how they can get around the fair work laws. The only job that has been advertised by Qlink was the managers job, all others are Korr. There are lots of good people losing their full time jobs in Adelaide as a result. Korr is no different to Sigma, and it really sums up a lot about the ALAEAs priority given that these 2 companies are not on top of their list. Maybe we should ask Bill.

As for line maintenance, Qlink have taken over Canberra only and are training people for Sydney and Melbourne. What's next, who knows. Cobham still have the Part 42 Camo for all B717's so Qlink is in theory working for Cobham whos operating QF leased aircraft. Cobham are often overlooked and passed off as some second rate company but as for what I've seen I'd rather a Cobham engineer over an Eastern or Sunstate one that's for sure.

I can't wait to see the next 6 months play out, how exciting.