PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2015, 07:38
pholling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any idea of the pier size with CBP or more specifically how many gates will be available down stairs and up stairs if required?

Will be interesting to see the size of the place overall and will non US flights be allows at same time!

The plans showd to media show really small piers while I know its only an impression alarm bells would be going off if it was that small.
I can't imagine they will want to segregate the entire pier(s) during US operations, as that would greatly limit the flexibility of the airport, currently there are hours where only one US flight might be processing. I would imagine that the design would have similarities to DUB where they provide a separate level for US pre-clearance.

As for pier size. They really can't be much longer than what is shown in the artist renditions without having to demolish the freight terminal. There just isn't space to put a taxi-lane in if you lengthen them. I imagine that MAN would want Code E accessibility to all gates, since this is what the vast majority of US bound aircraft will be in the not too distant future (there may be no Code D aircraft left in 15 years).

Question: Does anyone know if the new construction will be a 3 or 4 level design? Currently only T3 has a 3 level pathway (domestic arrivals, international arrivals, departures). This is a real hassle for flights from the UK arriving in the other terminals.