PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What got you started flying ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 13:47
Pink_aviator

PINKS WORLD THROUGH ROSE COLOURED SPECS

Location: Happy and content again back in the house on the beach ,baking on the AGA and flying around my highland home . emmmmmmmm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Thats a can of worms

Thats a can of worms I'll keep is short in true P-A style
Being widowed young, (2 years ago) and left with 2 young children to bring up ,I emerged from mourning ,feeling what am i left here to do ,apart from nurture my little boys. Is this it for me now?
(Having taken so long and had many broken hearts to get mr near perfect, this had to be my lot .)

I needed to stop looking out to sea, thinking of my lost hero, lost love and find something to fill my hours ,my days my life.
Having no one to adore me or feel proud of me i needed to feel proud of myself, so I thought of the hardest thing in the whole wide world that I wouldn't be able to do, and flying was it.

I can't actually believe that I am mastering it
Me Who has spent my life running off when the going gets tough.

If I conquer my dislike of solo 's ( I've only 3 hours solo so far, which is a story in itself ,but on another thread) , then my reasons are (although not probably the correct conventional ones)
are working.

Flying has taken over day dreaming(well nearly ) it is certinally filling my days and my nights with the books.
And a part from a hic up writing this is helping avoiding thinking back.

PINK-AVIATOR