PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange encounter in the clouds tonight
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2015, 06:29
DeltaV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you're saying the flight was also conducted on an IFR plan using promulgated routes?

I got the impression from the tenor of the original post that the flight was a local flight not conducted on an IFR plan nor on IFR routes and outside controlled airspace. Was I wrong?

If not I cannot see how this is a smart idea or even legal. What if some other idiot is doing the same thing in the same piece of cloud?
Oh good grief! Another flying club lawyer sniping from the armchair. Do you know where piperboy is based? Not saying that makes him bulletproof but I'd say it reduces the likelihood of conflict to near zero. Not zero, but near zero and if he and the other 'idiot', as you term them, are happy to accept the trivial risk for some harmless fun then good luck to them. I rather enjoy that sort of thing too and before you cavil, at the speeds I fly I do believe I AM legal.

Oh, and to piperboy, I'd guess what you were seeing was ice crystals. I've seen them myself. Quite beautiful and mesmerising.