PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2015, 23:32
Freewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first car was a Mazda 323.

I thought it was great, I had an absolute ball in it, learned a few lessons about judgement and my own driving ability, got a couple of roots in it, broke a few bits and had them fixed (on the car) and eventually moved it on in exchange for a much later model Mazda.

It was then that I realised just how crap my first car was. Heating didnt really work, no aircon, that quaint manual choke, manual window winders etc. along with really useful stuff like having dust settle on the rear window on dirt roads and require manual removal. The headlights didnt have to have drain holes to let water out. I didn't have to consider parking on a slope in case I needed to clutch start it etc.

I understood then why progress made a difference to your life, even before considering the airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, robust cabin design and collapsable steering wheel, all of which were absent in my first car.

Would I get in one again? No. Would I have moved on sooner had I realised the advantages? Yes. Am I glad my kids don't have to run the same risk? Yes.

Why should we accept helicopters with the same shortcomings?