PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regulatory Reform? Not A Hope In Hell!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2015, 13:52
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunny, as regards your post #1 (2), I can't see the point. It's just more of the same - an illusion of 'consulting,' if you like, accompanied by a preordained agenda. Nothing more than 'window-dressing' IMHO.

I knew some really good and dedicated people with all the right motives when it came to representing GA. I cannot say that I agreed with everything they put, but they put their points in a considered, restrained and professional manner in the myriad of meetings that I attended over the years as a military representative.

They gave up heaps of personal time (their own personal time) to prepare and present GA's case in various forums and got scant attention for all their efforts.

Leady drives me absolutely mad sometimes (NAS), but he was nothing other than a gentleman, and a professional, in all those meetings. The only time I ever had an altercation was with an AFAP rep when I said that we'd go with US CTAF (wider NAS stuff excluded) if CASA so mandated.

The point?? GA has gone to these 'community forums' over and over in good faith and got bloody nowhere.

Personally, and I'm way out of it in retirement, I'd boycott the damn things and leave CASA to the iced-vovos and stale coffee in an empty hall talking to themselves. I'd then ask X, the Minister, and the local rep, why nobody turned up.

Leady, you might have been difficult, but you had respect from this end.