PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2015, 13:23
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean it reflects population density in much the same way?
Skip, you're not suggesting that 80% of the population is in London and the South East, are you. I thought it was about one-third of the population of England without taking into account the rest of the UK. Otherwise, I don't know how to interpret your comment.

You're suffering from the delusion that people get when they can't see beyond their own corner of the world
All Names Taken, do you think there's any possibility this also applies to civil servants and government in Westminster?

Personally, if regions outside London and the South East (and I don't just mean Manchester and the North West) just accept the situation with a 'can't do anything about it' mentality, I fear the North South divide will just get wider be it in terms of infrastructure spending, wealth, jobs or inward tourism. I admit London is very effective at promoting itself with the tools at its disposal, and it's up to the regions to do likewise and kick up a fuss when necessary. Sadly, many MPs in our own area appear happy to accept the status quo. Whether devoManc will make any difference, who knows.