PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regulatory Reform? Not A Hope In Hell!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2015, 11:44
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
What would you suggest the industry should do to ferment change? or is it your opinion that what we have is all okay and requires no change?
You need to reread what you agreed with in the first place TB. I have never, and you can pass that on to the Mod Squad, never suggested that all is okay and requires no change. having been a participant in trying to see some change and witnessing the zero result from the government I have the pragmatic but sad view that only one thing will instigate the change required.

I have also seen the rather bizarre suggestion of civil disobedience and trying to get the media onside. The problem will not be fixed from the bottom up if those at the top are unwilling and more importantly not required to change. I don't disagree with the suggestion to adopt the NZ reg process but I go back to the statement above and the one earlier. Those with the power to change are not interested and those with the interest to change do not have the power.

I have yet to see a coordinated, coherent group of concerned aviators do anything other than tap out their righteous anger on a computer.