PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sorry, it's another JAR>EASA revalidation question...
Old 27th Jul 2015, 10:26
Mach Jump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't be sorry! We all struggle to keep track of this.

a. Can I revalidate the SEP rating by experience without applying for a licence reissue as EASA? Difference web pages on the CAA site contradict each other.
Yes. SRG 1119E is the form you need for that. 1119B is the form you use if you are sending your logbook and Licence to the CAA for Revalidation, rather than having a Field Examiner do it.

b. If not, what happens with the IMCR? If it's not valid when they process the paperwork will I lose it?
If you apply for re-issue in EASA format with an expired IMC, you will loose it, but it will be put on the back of the new Licence to show that you once had it. It can still be Renewed in the normal way by a Test, but you then have to apply to the CAA to make it valid again, (with a fee, of course) and have it transferred onto the front of the Licence.

c. How do I apply for the IMCR to be transferred to IR(R)? The application form for reissue as EASA doesn't include any mention of IMCR though of course the IR is mentioned. Do I simply state I have an IR? [after all as my licence is 'deemed' EASA presumably I already do!]
EASA recognise the IMCR as an IR(R) (Instrument Rating Restricted) and that is why there is no mention of IMC on the form. Just claim a valid IR(R) and they will add it to your EASA licence.

MJ

Ps.
I had hoped to revalidate both by taking the IMCR test...
Maybe I misunderstood what you typed there, but the IMCR Test doesn't count as an SEP Revalidation Proficiency check.

MJ

Last edited by Mach Jump; 27th Jul 2015 at 11:11. Reason: Resolved slight ambiguity