PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sorry, it's another JAR>EASA revalidation question...
Old 27th Jul 2015, 09:14
tmmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, it's another JAR>EASA revalidation question...

Currently I hold a JAR PPL (expires 2016) with SEP and IMC ratings. SEP expires 13 Aug, IMC expires 15 Aug. I had hoped to revalidate both by taking the IMCR test but for aircraft serviceability reasons this looks unlikely by 15th, though not impossible. As I write I qualify for revalidation of the SEP by experience and I was going to take my logbook and licence to a friendly examiner this afternoon for a signature and complete form SRG1119B. I wasn't going to worry about the IMCR as if it lapses I can just retake the test anyway.

What I can't work out is:

a. Can I revalidate the SEP rating by experience without applying for a licence reissue as EASA? Difference web pages on the CAA site contradict each other.
b. If not, what happens with the IMCR? If it's not valid when they process the paperwork will I lose it?
c. How do I apply for the IMCR to be transferred to IR(R)? The application form for reissue as EASA doesn't include any mention of IMCR though of course the IR is mentioned. Do I simply state I have an IR? [after all as my licence is 'deemed' EASA presumably I already do!]

If the answer to a. is no, and b. is yes, then I need to get the IMCR revalidated urgently so it doesn't lapse and might need to go to another club to do so, hence the urgency!

Last edited by tmmorris; 27th Jul 2015 at 09:31. Reason: Too rambling