PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44 Accident Panama 19th Feb 09 3 fatalities
Old 26th Jul 2015, 19:47
frankhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gary Vaucher

Hi,

I'm currently listening to a book, Path Between Two Seas, about the building of the Panama Canal. It took me to pleasant memories of my flying with your good friend Gary Vaucher when he lived in Santa Barbara, CA in the mid to late 1960s, and also in Panama when i visited him there in 1972 when we flew the Canal in 172. I still have several pictures of the canal that we took from about 500 feet.

I enjoyed my stay in Panama greatly. Since I had never since heard from him, nor he from me, I was concerned that something happened to him. This morning I read of his tragic death now more than six years ago. My condolences to you, his good friend.

Where would I find an official version of the probable cause? Is there a way I can contact his widow? I would be most grateful for any help you might provide. Gary was a great guy, and as you said, an excellent pilot.

My name is Frank Robinson, though I'm no relation to the Founder and CEO of the company that makes the R44. Several of my friends have R44s so I would most interested to learn more about the cause.

My email address is [email protected] (not case sensitive). I've been a pilot since 1959 and own a Cessna T310R which I fly weekly for business and pleasure.

I live in California. If it's useful you can visit my business website: SyncDev for more contact data. I would welcome a call at US 805-689-7930 or a number at which I could call you.

I hope to hear from you.

Best,
Frank