PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 25th Jul 2015, 11:04
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok well I am an ATC that is not on CSS or DB. I also am a pilot. So explain how the airspace set up is leading to the demise of GA to me. I can see how the ADSB mandate impacts negatively cost wise but I can't see how the airspace is doing that?
Ok, let's look at a couple of things, saying GA is tough is an understatement. A cheap ADSB solution for an IFR trainer, 15, 20k? You've got 2 of these aircraft. Do you put your hourly rate up to cover it? You can't, your prospective students will walk. Name me one GA business that has a lazy 40k sitting in an account to throw at this? Where's the money coming from? This is a very simple problem, think of the other crap GA is going through. Part 61. You have absolutely no concept of the battle GA is fighting, how much it is costing and the time commitment required to try and understand it let alone make it work or pay for it. Your customers tell you they are operating on paper thin margins, that the next little piece of horse**** legislation could tip them over and it's: 'How's this gunna cost you more money?' Listen to them and they'll tell you.