PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe DHC8 F/O recruitment
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2015, 10:15
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There won't be any questions that are designed to catch you out, nothing to trip you up and nothing untowards. As I've said before on this thread it is generally a straight forward, good old fashioned HR type interview with a few tech questions thrown in. The tech questions are not difficult and if you've done your ATPLs recently there will be no issues at all. I'll give you one example of how straight forward they are - explain induced drag.
That isn't one of the questions as far as I am aware but you get the idea, and I'm not prepared to give all the details of the interview on here because that defeats the exercise and they'll just change the format because management do read these boards and posts. If you can demonstrate you have done your homework on Flybe, demonstrate you have a good understanding of a few simple tech questions, demonstrate that you will not be a training risk and demonstrate that you are not an ass then you'll get through to sim check, and whether we like it or not, your first type rating will be one of the toughest things you have ever done and some pilots do struggle with it, they also struggle with the Dash 8 as well because it isn't as easy to handle as some might lead you to believe. One thing Flybe can't afford to do is put someone through who's going to struggle because we simply don't have the training capacity to deal with failures at the moment. One thing I will say though, and I've said it on here many times, is make sure you know your stuff about the company. If you go to interview and you don't know about Flybe then you will NOT get through.

Good luck.