PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I bit my tongue this afternoon, but....
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2015, 21:57
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bit my tongue this afternoon, but....

1400 hrs today...

I was in my hangar giving my aircraft a good "shoite weather"'check over. Cowls off, and a really thorough look over.

Lycoming heard overhead (low), and the weather was really crap. I felt a bit sorry for the chap (or woman if we are being properly 2015'ish) overhead and thought 'he's welcome to pitch in when it's like this'.

Sure enough, the Warrior did a Lancaster-style circuit and lined up for the strip. A nice approach and a well controlled mains-first touch down with training wheel held off as long as possible. All good stuff.

I was interested to hear where they were from and going to as they taxied back towards the windsock and hangar. Curiously, after a nice wave, they taxied right past me and went to line up to depart!!

A minute later they were at full power and casually heading off again.

So.....whilst I won't publically name and shame, I will just say that the bloke from Oxfordhsire with a yellow/blue/white PA28 is a rude and assuming bugger who has just put a nail in the coffin for any more visitors I'm afraid. It happens time after time now, and it's just not what it used to be. People really do seem to think that any airstrip is theirs to use these days, and I can't work out what's brought about this assumption and lack of respect for privacy.