PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK fighter numbers to reach all-time low with loss of Tornados and early Typhoons in
Old 24th Jul 2015, 11:54
pr00ne

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
Hangarshuffle,

You really are a strange sort aren't you?

You must have visited a very different London from the one that I live and work in!
A foreign city? One where the vast majority of the working and residential population is British? Perhaps THE most popular and frequented capital city on the face of the planet?
As for the rest of your clap trap. Around one third of UK industry is foreign owned, so that means that around two thirds isn't, a strange definition of most...
And that one third of UK industry that is UK owned actually owns and operates billions of pounds worth of overseas operations and companies, we do live in a global economy dominated by global multinationals.

As to the banks, mainly foreign owned? I beg to differ! ALL of the top 5 UK banks are 100% UK owned, quite a few by the Government, so that means they are owned by us! And they are some of the largest banking organisations in the world, operating multinationally.

Of course the majority of the major banking operations in London are foreign owned, it is THE international financial capital of the world and every single bank on the face of the planet has major operations there precisely because of that reason, indeed quite a few major foreign banks and financial institutions base their global and international headquarters and operations in London, for a reason.

Happy in my London, best of luck to you in yours, wherever that happens to be.

As to the rest, it was like reading a weird internet conspiracy web site, not entirely related to the world around us, and you.

Stu666,

An excellent idea! Could also replace 100 and 736 fleets.