PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2015, 23:04
Maus92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sandiego89
Are we talking about the jets arrival at the airshow or have we actually seen the full rehersal/actual F-35 display that will be flown on the key display dates at Oshkosh?

If we are just talking about the arrival I would not judge an act by their arrival- yes some announce their arrival with a bit more flair than others, but we should not expect a full on demo upon arrival. It is an arrival day after a long cross country flight, briefs to attend, checks on the jet as others mention, etc.

I agree it will likley be tame compared to full burner turns by a F-16 or the like, but perhaps after the weekend flying we can then better pronounce the calls of "worst demo ever, tame, boring, late, can't make a turn...."
It was the arrival. There will be no demo. The senior pilot - Col Niemi (a full colonel) - said in the briefing this morning that they (the USAF) are too busy getting the jet ready for IOC to divert resources to develop a demo routine, get it cleared by leadership, vet it for security, and train the pilots. I had an opportunity to speak with him last evening, and he had some interesting things to say about the aircraft, the program, his favorite aircraft, etc. Very candid in toto.

Last edited by Maus92; 23rd Jul 2015 at 23:23.