PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 23rd Jul 2015, 18:20
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gentlemen,

I apologise for my late arrival on the scene, but I have spent the past few hours crying my eyes out at the hardships endured by Loadmasters, prepping and subsequently de prepping drop loads. I can't imagine how they suffered, and can only equate my 14 hour, overnight, prop change (at an average -22 degrees fahrengrade) at Gander as a minor blip on the radar compared to their sufferage As AA62 says, perhaps sense of humour was not an attribute often associated with Loadies, with the exception of the most honourable P*** T****

With respect, and even though Dougie and the two winged master race seemed to have an easy life, did anyone really expect that the pilots and Nav of an aircraft scheduled to depart St John for Lyneham (flagging somewhere in between for a fuel uplift) to help de snow and ice the frame ? I could always forgive the Loady for burning my breakfast, I could never forgive a steering or directional failure for my demise in the North Atlantic !

Off on an inspection tour of some "water of life" producers in a couple of days chaps, with Sturgeon in charge I'm not sure if my expired "British" passport will be acceptable for entry to the kingdom. Back in a couple of weeks, keep it going, more pictures please, if Upper England has WiFi I hope to remain cognisant of your continuing posts.

Best to all

Smudge