PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What way to go?
Thread: What way to go?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2015, 16:13
TheDoctor46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I'll start by informing you that I am not a B1 or B2 licenced engineer, however I do work in the industry as a Mechanical Systems Technician.

In response to your question, it really depends on personal preference - and what you would like to do as a technician. It also depends on the area where you would like to work.

Every aircraft has physical structure and an airframe, however not every aircraft has avionics [although it is the future]. Have you considered dual licencing? i.e. B1 and B2? There are many dual licenced engineers out there who I speak to on a daily basis. It obviously depends on your personal situation.

If you are aiming to become type rated on "modern aircraft" then B1 and B2 is an option, however I would maybe suggest that the B1 route has more security behind it, for want of a better term, because every aircraft type requires the B1 skillset.

Again, I am not a licenced engineer, so I don't know first hand. I sit in an office and provide technical solutions to the hands-on guys for problems not covered in manuals etc.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

All the best.

Doc