PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “Sir Angus Won’t Allow the Fireies to Provide a Unicom Service”.
Old 23rd Jul 2015, 13:44
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Midnight,
The thing is, aviation is not a democracy, that a large number of posters on various pprune threads are anti just about anything the yanks do, does not make them right and the yanks wrong. That is just one example.

The totally illogical and in some cases, hairbrained, objections to Class E airspace, and actually suggesting it is "less safe" than G, and anti E in general, the latter which I would guess is a majority of Australian pprune posters, makes no sense.

As I have often said, about the one thing I agreed with Mick Toller about, was his statement, words to the effect: " Australia is an aviation Galapagos, in splendid isolation, it has developed all sorts of strange and unique and wonderful mutations".

Even the fact that we have rather a poor safety record in Australia is not enough to get the message through that somebody else might be doing it a whole lot better, and we might learn something useful.

I notice Mr. Skidmore has been very quiet on matters airspace, UNICOM etc.

Tootle pip!!

PS: I would be surprised is Ean Higgins were not aware of pprune.