PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2015, 13:35
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I owe the Telegraph an apology - sort of.

On page 5 of today's Business section hard copy is a small article that refers to MAG's financial results in the last paragraph - sort of. Can't find it on-line to do a link.

I'm afraid Bagso this might detract from your sleeping peacefully tonight but it's headed "Let Stansted relieve the airport pressure"

It refers to the owner of Stansted, the country's fastest growing terminal, saying that the Airports Commission should have made stronger recommendations about how Britain's smaller airports (plural, note) could help tackle the capacity crisis until a new runway is built in the SE. Apparently, Charlie Cornish said that the Essex airport would be "absolutely key" to relieving pressure in the short term as it's far from reaching capacity.

Did Charlie mention MAN you may well ask? I'd be amazed if he didn't. And in a piece of over 200 words, the only direct quote was the 2 words shown above.

And those financial results? Well it doesn't actually show them, but does say that passengers at Stansted rose 16.1% to 20.9m and at Manchester 7.2% to 22.3m, with their growth being stronger than LHR and LGW combined.

Thank heavens for the BBC, SKY and the M.E.N.