PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “Sir Angus Won’t Allow the Fireies to Provide a Unicom Service”.
Old 23rd Jul 2015, 06:30
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earth calling Leady regarding my post #31.

You see, Leady, I don't necessarily disagree with the contention that we have a 'mishmash.' We used to have a system of 'controlled' and 'uncontrolled' airspace that wasn't. Notwithstanding, and before you jump in, that is not the point of my previous post. So no 'red-herrings' please.

Let's just address what I put to you, OK?

My concern goes to a little thing called 'journalistic integrity.' Now, I know that you know what 'journalistic integrity' implies.

I am sure you will agree that, in a general sense, if a journalist has been influenced to take one side or another, and this is mere supposition on my part, then one's 'journalistic integrity' has been compromised.

And this is the issue, Leady, so please don't obfuscate on the side issues in respect of what I have put.

Mr Higgins has editorialized on an issue. And, from my perspective, he does not have the experience, history, or qualification to make the assertion that he did.

The most valuable asset a journalist can have is a thing called 'disinterestedness.' Sad the way our language has gone, but 'disinterestedness' implies an even-handed approach.

Once a journalist loses focus on that basic tenet, credibility and integrity are lost.

I feel some sympathy for the writer. From my perspective, he has let himself be manipulated. A 'good story' and column inches, but at what cost to his own credibility?

Integrity, once sacrificed, is impossible to regain.

I am sure that someone that I regard as a 'poor dupe' tunes into this forum.