PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Pensions (again)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2003, 04:32
Fox-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

When the French get a little miffed they have a general strike and bring the country to its knees. When the firefighters want a pay rise they go on strike and partake in a long and protracted industrial dispute. When the military gets shafted it has a good think about things and says it's not fair. It is obvious that the only way the military is going to get a fair deal is to be prepared to stand up for itself. PLAN A.......

1) CAS says he'll resign if we don't get the pension we were promised. If he has to resign, each successive CAS does the same and goes to the press to publicise it.

2) 'Worried' aircrew refuse to fly because they feel distracted in the cockpit. (some of the saved money could go towards pensions........).

3) Everybody writes to their MP and makes it known they strongly disapprove of the change in their contract (we do have a contract actually, see what they say if you try to leave) and they will vote against any party that brings it in.

If these c s think they're going to cheat me out of £150k (estimate) they've got another thing coming. It's bad enough I have to pay tax on a non-pensionable incentive (which chinless wonder agreed to that??), let alone have my financial future destroyed by some chimp. I accepted the pension in the same way I accepted the long hours, risk of death, flying around in museum pieces, weekend working and general crap to make a living. I didn't see anybody from the Treasury in the cockpit with me over Iraq.

THE AIR FORCE BOARD LYING TEAM (AFBLT) ARE COMING TO LEUCHARS THIS WEEK. I'LL GET THE OFFICIAL LInE AND POST IT HERE.

Last edited by Fox-1; 24th Jun 2003 at 04:43.