PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fighting boredom.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2015, 22:20
Cliff Secord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what you mean. I fly for t' job, and it's pretty low on the thrill stakes. But I like low thrills at work, I'm not paying for it.

When I flew privately I found schlepping from A to B became old quite quickly as did listening to Giles Mctish the 3rd beet on about his latest flight bag and his venture into "airways". Instead of hooliganism (tried that and realised I'd kill myself due lack of talent or lack of luck. One would get me!) I found pleasure trying the opposite way.

Got a small open cockpit flying thingy that flew at 10 mph and used to fly it to strips mowed out on basically lawns, beaches, anything. I found it very relaxing. Like personal transport. And it was cheap-ish. I liked to experience gentle flying, away from "flying" circles, flying people and any aviation related entrapments, if you know what I mean. Just a little 'plane and you. No rules, no radio, no one else in flying, no airfields, just bits of the land and "normal" people you visit. I suspect this won't float your boat though . Get ya self a power boat for a bit, or take up kite surfing!