PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2015, 21:04
byrondaf

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
A-level results

That's why the white tail is appealing to me given the GCSE requirements. I am confident that my aptitude/motivation will serve me well enough to complete the ATPL exams, however, I'm concerned my poor A Level results could preclude me from airline placement.
hill.sam I wondered that too, however it doesn't matter at all.

I too achieved excellent GCSE results but at college I left with 3 mediocre A-level grades C,C,D. I wasn't able to apply for the BA FPP or easyJet MPL schemes, however I finished my Wings "whitetail" training at end of June and now have a job with easyJet after 16 hours in the hold pool.

They don't apply A-level grade criteria for placement. Airline placement is all down to CTC performance. Get a 90%+ average in your ATPL's, no more than 3 resits and first series passes in your CPL+IR and you'll be eligible for any airline that CTC can offer you. Passing the assessment days is the next hurdle, but worry about that later.

As I was, you'll be asked at the selection day interview about A-level grades and perhaps why they weren't as good, so make sure you are able to answer that with a good positive answer. You'll be asked about motivation and how you cope under pressure if things don't go so well. Oh and as for any "white lies", avoid them if you can, integrity as a pilot is very important. we all make mistakes/bad choices, but as long as you learn from them and you don't self-destruct, no problem.