PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 vs. Airbus A320 advantages
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2015, 13:30
DIESELENGINE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rudder 737 hardovers - remember those?
sure do Dan. although you could vaguely correlate that to "design philosophy" per se - thats mostly a "design bug" and there is a big difference between the two. No aircraft manufacturer I know of ever came out with an airplane without a single "design bug", but the healthy tendency would be to move AWAY from those old designs and find a solution, which is what boeing and most other manufacturers do
Airbus on the other hand, is the ONLY manufacturer (so far ) who keeps making giant leaps TOWARDS philosophy that kills people! (philosophy that keeps pilot as far out of the loop as possible)

I assume you've read Airbus' FCOMs, QRH, manuals, performance tables, which aren't even written in real English, and its like they are purposefully trying to confuse the pilot. Let alone the fact that they are constantly switching and changing things around. You can't help but have a feeling that there is bunch of amateurs who keeps dinking around with information and just can't get it right! Its so exhausting! Aren't they an official aircraft manufacturer?!?!
They do have money, i know that, what stops them from investing into some professionals!

737 is stuck with a 1950's design pressure controller
and we are stuck with thousands of years B.C. design -a wheel
C'mon man! just because it was invented in 1950's means its a bad design? what kind of logic is that?
If they figure its a bad design, I think they will move away from that and come up with something safer and more efficient. That kind of thing is the least of our worries Dan, we got Airbus to deal with which is still at large out there!

K gotta go..