PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gold Coast ILS
Thread: Gold Coast ILS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2015, 03:10
Visual Procedures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only outstanding issue are the internationals....most of which are RNP capable but not trained for. This is the only valid reason left for persuing an ils installation. Consider that it may be better to spend the money in crew training......just a thought.
As an 'international', who doesn't have Cooly as a destination yet, I can tell you the training is done. We fly RNP-AR to 0.11 around the world. (Don't get me started on Australia and its insistence on 0.10 and the merry go round of confusion its caused back here in the pit.)

Looking through the available charts, the only RNAV available to us at Cooly is the RNAV (GNSS) Z. As I said, Cooly is still just an alternate, but other airports classed as alternates in other parts of the world, have full RNP-AR charts. We have the RNP AR for MEL, so its not an Oz issue completely.

My longwinded point is as far as internationals go, the airlines are approved, the crews are trained, but there is no state (Airservices) approach available to us.

More finger pointing needed at Airservices me thinks..