PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory credit valid?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2015, 16:34
Askania90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL theory credit valid?

Hey mates,

I'm based in western Europe, and i have the following issue.
I recently finished my ATPL integrated course.
It took me 4 years to finish the course successfully.
I did the ATPL theory within the required 18 moths period however was not able to commence with my flight hours on a daily or weekly basis and take the finally flight exam within the required 3 years course time. This was due to bad weather condition and that no flight instructor was ready the take the risk to do flight in bad weather conditions (No ILS at Airport). The flight instructors were not even willing or ready to do their best to get me through the course.
The national authority for aviation in my country says that I have to retake the ATPL Theory which I ,for my part, I cannot get my head around ? why?
They argue that I have to finish the whole procedure of becoming a pilot within 3 years meaning that between the first day of visiting my aviation school and the last day must not exceed 3 years, so far so good.
But I called up the CAA in Great Britain and they said it does not really matter how long it the aviation course takes. They added too that the 3 years period between the ATPL Theory and CPI & IP ME start from the day when I have got my final ATPL Exam results. So now I'm totally confused and don´t know what is right and what is wrong. Due to the fact that I´m a lawyer in know that EU Law prevails national law so in all EU Member States should apply equal and for most fair conditions. So how comes that two european counties have two approaches. I´m seeking for answers through this forum.
I would appreciate if someone could give me some information or even share its similar experiences.
An answer asap would be great.

Due to some misunderstandings here are some background facts:

ATPL Intergrated Course / Program:

- March 2011 start of course / program
- August 2013 passed all ATPL Theory Exam 12 exams
- March 2015 CPL IR ME check ride / flight and passed

Which kind of license will be issued ?

Last edited by Askania90; 22nd Jul 2015 at 18:44.