PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 21st Jul 2015, 13:11
jmskydancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1st cls Vision check, Limitations etc

Have my EASA/JAA Class 2 with VDL for 3 yrs but going for CPL so need Class 1.
Everything is good except vision.
The machine (refractometer or smth) shows -3.25 in one eye and unstable, changing by hours, may as well be -2.25 in the morning or -3.75 in the afternoon (I told them to check the machine). 100% distant vision with glasses, about 70% distant without glasses. Adaptation is excellent they say. In reality I can easily live without glasses but I mostly do wear them not to lose them.

Well, after all, according to Part.FCL limit for 1st time 1st Class is -2 astigmatism, so the decision is now to be made by additional ophtalmologist check. They offer me Class 1 with following limitations:
VDL - that's obvious
TML6 - they want to check the tendency in 6 months
OML - as first officer only or with first officer having good vision only - that's odd but, well, let it be
RXO - meaning they want to check my vision every checkup, ok

My question about TML6 - when I come back in 6 months, that will be a revalidation, right? At revalidation Part.MED says astigmatism may be more than -2. So basically, if there is no bad tendency, they will have no arguements at revalidation right? They will have to remove both TML and OML, right? Any comments, experience?