PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2015, 11:32
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave

To get a Fleet of this size recertified ( remember this is to MIL/EASA145 standard Not BGA standard, while BGA standard is technically OK it will not do in terms of oversight when you are the RAF flying someones kids) takes time and the will and the money to do it. It should also be remembered that air cadet gliding is not at the top of the list when it comes to the day to day work of the RAF as a whole and so recorces have to be prioritized.

At first the size and scale of the problem was not fully understood by the military and it took some digging to reveal this but once it had become clear to the MAA appropriate action was taken.

I could but wont comment on the sorce of the problems but as this would only be my opinion and not hard fact that would stand up in court so I think it is best I say nothing on this issue.

Sky Sports.

If I was thinking you had the money to back up your bet I would take it and would be placing the order for a new Beech Barron today!

I think the first glider will fly very much sooner that you seem prepared to bet !