PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2015, 09:06
finestkind

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Col I am not to certain what you mean. Not trying to be a pain in the proverbial.

Training schedule? I guess you mean pilots course. Yes they do know numbers and start dates.

Previous assessment. I guess you mean flight screening. Yes they have graded the bods and have a fair idea of who presents with a fair chance of making it.

Picking students that are likely to pass. Well yes that’s what they aim to do but you cannot lead a horse to water and make it drink. I had two chaps on my pilots course who self-suspended before going solo. Doesn’t matter how good you are if you don’t apply yourself you won’t make it and applying yourself runs in parallel with motivation. If you run out of steam you won’t apply yourself which means you are out.

I am not to certain how the system doesn’t encourage members of the highest quality to come forward means. Are you referring to ADF members or are you meaning the bods off the street. Do they need to make it more attractive for bods off the street. Yep. Typical ADF is starting again to hurt in all areas let alone pilot due lack of applicant. Do they need to make it more attractive for serving members. I don’t know. In my time with flying pay and extra leave it was a pretty attractive option compared to other mustering’s.

“Some have been in the pool for far too long” Col if you are selected at FSP yes you go in the pool and the best get picked up so I do not understand your line of thought. On the one hand you appear to be saying they are not taking the best people and on the other saying the best people stay in the pool.

Your last line points to serving members being mucked about. As you well know that’s what the ADF does best.