PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2015, 11:59
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by nowherespecial
Last quote is not from me Pitts... At least I had the decency to admit my NYSE rule error, doubt I'll get same from you on this.

You're financial acumen fell apart when you quoted NASDAQ data when CHC is listed on the NYSE and then mentioned FR who sold out last year.

"That is absolutely how it works. Market capitalisation = number of shares x the share price... "
This is true but shows you did markets 101 and nothing further. A market says the current price of the AVAILABLE shares (ie what a current buyer will pay a current seller). As I said, ask CD&R if they'd sell at that price and the answer would be a big fat no. Thus while the market cap is a simple easy to understand number, it does not (and never has) reflected an actual value for the whole company.

I'm done with you. Ciao.
Hey sorry I can see things are getting spikey and certainly I've no axe to grind with you, the company or anyone else.

I know this is dragging on and on but it is important to be accurate on this stuff because people shouldn't be misguided by wrong statements.

The Nasdaq website you are unhappy with was just used as it was convenient. You could type any U.S. ticker in their search engine and it will give data. Alternatively you could go to NYSE site and look for the holders of CHC which trades under the ticker HELI and it will give the same data - like I said I happened to be using the Nasdaq site so I hope that clears that up for you.

FR did not sell out last year. It is too long for here and explanation needs to have a level of assumed prior knowledge but here is random release for the CD&R investment.

https://www.pehub.com/canada/2014/08/22/clayton-dubilier-rice-invests-500-mln-chc-helicopter/

The interesting part for you and the CD&R relationship and the FR stake is in the press release and describes the convert terms. It starts:-

"CD&R will have a 45-percent ownership position in CHC Group on an as-converted, pro-forma basis, based on a $500 million investment and prior to the rights offering. This percentage could decrease or increase depending on participation of existing shareholders in the rights offering. First Reserve Corporation and its affiliates, which purchased CHC in 2008, would retain approximately 29-percent ownership in CHC, on a pro-forma basis."

Is that helpful?

When you talk about "available" shares, that is the "free float" but the shares are still shown on a holders list, still show corporate ownership and the valuation of the entity - they are just not actively traded.

Happy for you to show me / others your own CHC holders list from the NYSE or other source that you think is so different. Maybe try CHC corporate site and look under "investor relations".