PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seaplane training, type rating and post-CPL, questions..
Old 20th Jul 2015, 09:24
AviaThorJosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seaplane training, type rating and post-CPL, questions..

Hello everyone !

I'm a budding trainee pilot in India and I have cleared almost all my DGCA papers, except Tech & RT. I fly the C172 & C152 (conventional cockpit) and I have flown about 80 hours.

I have some questions that I had wanted to ask..

1) Where and how can I learn how to fly a seaplane ?
Does seaplane training come only after CPL or can it be done during the CPL course ? Is there a training institute in India where they can train us on how to fly a seaplane or do we have to go abroad ? What are the approximate training costs ?

2) Type-rating
One of my friends had done his B737 type-rating in UK. Is type-rating done in India ? If so, where ? Does CAE @Bareilly and @Gondia provide type-rating training ? What are the approximate course fees ? If not in India, where can I get my Type-rating done ? Is UK or US a good place for type-rating ? Will I require a conversion in that case ? Do I require IR ?

3) Post-CPL.
After I am done with my CPL training, what next ? I know that it is difficult for fresh-CPL holders to get selected for any major airline. I've read in vacancies that airlines require 1000/2000+ hours, so how do people build up their hours ? I heard IGRUA does have airlines visiting them and NFTI is related to Indigo. I am not part of both of these institutes, so how do I progress further ? I need some advice.

Thanks in advance !

MOVED TO Asian Board as most questions are related to Indian sub-continent