PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan RIAT 2015
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2015, 08:03
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
I took my family yesterday, having also been hosting previously. A great airshow, made by the Vulcan. But it's also interesting being back in the UK.

A couple of rhetorical questions:

Why are there so many enormously fat people at air shows?

Why would anyone go to a military air show wearing bits of discarded military clothing (and I don't mean the cadets and military re-enactors)? There were dozens of, frankly, weird people there wandering around in DPM jackets, random surplus flying gear (and no, I'm not referring to the foreign contingents). Do they wear this clothing normally, or do shows like these allow them to dig into the dressing up box?

And, finally, whilst on my DM rant, why do people cover themselves in the most bizarre tattoos? As we walked in, there was a chap who had spring shock absorbers inked on to his calves; one woman had tie-bows down the back of both legs. And these looked like otherwise-sane people.

I compare that with a recent foreign air show I attended, albeit in an official capacity, and visible tattoos were enough to be excluded from the crowd. Not that it matters, but I do wonder whether there are large sections of the UK public hell-bent on self destruction.

Right, I feel better now. "Nurse, is it time for my special pills?"