PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WSJ article: On Asia’s flights, potentially dangerous mistakes go unreported
Old 19th Jul 2015, 14:51
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think PPRune history shows there is no point in inferring U.S. manufactured aircraft, politics, safety or companies are in any way inferior to anything else in the world (probably the universe as well). These guys don't and won't listen to any argument listen, no matter what the facts are. Maybe it's ignorance. Maybe it's insecurity. Who knows.

But moving on... as has been pointed out earlier, the punitive culture of these countries means that anything potentially detrimental to a person, organisation or system will get buried and wholly denied. There will have to be thousands of deaths before an amazing discovery will found locally. I'll even predict that it will look like a just culture; one where the messenger does not always get shot. Until then, just hope they don't take out anybody you care about.

While I'm here I'll also suggest that a lack of union strength makes Eastern operations less transparent than Western ones. When an operation is only comprised of a bunch of individuals then very few will stick their heads above the parapet. Remember that in Britain it took nearly 100 years after the start of the Industrial Revolution for unions to be decriminalised. This part of the world has a few years to go yet.

PM