PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2015, 12:38
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR/EY/TK/EK

Another one to watch is Turkish as their figures were 3% down in June (I think on like for like rotations) but still retuned a reasonable load factor.

However last winter the figures were awful and things might be okay whilst the sun shines but come the darker time of year it will be interesting to see how this scrap progresses.

The good thing about Turkish is that they are very patient, they will fight their corner and for the travelling public in the short-term it will be a good opportunity to pick up some bargains (as one the previous posters has stated about EY).

I still think it will be the New Year before we see some reasonable trends as to how things are going.

A350Saltire

The compare between AA at BHX & EDI is a difficult one as BHX is only 100 miles away from an airport offering over 10 flights a day by the same Alliance although I also realise from EDI you can save yourself between £100 and £400 per "Y" ticket by going via Heathrow.

Direct fares in August, September and October seem to follow a trend with BHX being £200 extra compared to EDI in "Y". September fares at BHX are £450 in excess of Heathrow fares in "Y"and on that basis you could wonder why anyone bothers to fly BHX - JFK unless it is frequent flyers and "the company" is footing the bill - I assume that this is part of the basis for this service and BA/AA would have done their homework first one would hope.

The other point of note is that BHX is currently bookable in winter despite the rather averaging looking figures but Edinburgh isn't although I believe that was always the plan and this seems to be the trend westbound at EDI in winter.

Pete