PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2015, 11:06
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Until I stopped flying, I did not realise just how tired I really was, and what it was doing to my body.
Same for me. Totally across the board. Weight, blood pressure the whole nine yards. in the Dr's words 'Almost a different person'.

It's not till you stop you realise how hard it has been on your body.

Night credits are not to be pooh-poohed. Just sayin' ....

PS: Keg - I drank when I was away on maybe 2-3 trips per year and only then if it was a particularly 'good' crew. Otherwise I was a complete tea-totaler at work. I certainly don't judge people for drinking (far from it) I just could not have physically coped with it.
PPS: Keg - I hesitate to say this, and I mean NO disrespect at all, but you have 'only' been Blunderbussing for a short while. What I am alluding to is very long term tiredness. And it's a personal thing, I don't like it and a lot of other people I know don't either, but others seem to deal with it quite well. A study would be interesting - look at the photos of the fresh faced 20yo's in any business and compare them with the 60yo's. In my experience (anecdotal only) the QF guys don't look so hot...

Last edited by V-Jet; 19th Jul 2015 at 11:22.