PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clarity Aloft
Thread: Clarity Aloft
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2015, 10:57
Hawkeye0001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As mentioned above I've been using my Clarity Aloft for a year now in R44's and on occasion the odd Caravan flights. I was about to sell my Zulu 2 the other day but had a minute of doubt there and thought I'd try them once more just for the heck of it. Just confirmed my decision, won't be looking back to them! I never realized just how much noise the earseal gap creates when wearing sunglasses and how much hotter they are in high temps. In addition I found that the battery case plastic started to turn itself into a sticky gooey mess!

I agree on the Blulink unit though: Lightspeeds Bluetooth unit is far superior to the Blulink; the most annoying feature being the Auto Mute function that doesn't have an override toggle. Basically renders it useless for listening to music during most of the flying I do. Not to mention the sheer excessive amount of straight cord of this whole assembly cluttering everything in the cockpit (headset ~6-7 ft, blulink assembly with box 6.5ft, RW->FW adapter 1ft, that's a total of almost 15ft of cable!)! Mildly annoying at best if not outright unsafe. One definitely has to coil the whole length of cable and secure it with zip ties or safety wire to ensure safe everyday operation.
Does anyone have experience with the Flightcell Pro box yet?

Also a little addition to my review from earlier: I noticed that the ear plugs become dramatically less effective over time as they become more plyable from wearing. Even though I like to clean them with mild soap water every now and then to increase their lifespan a new pair in regular intervals is a must to obtain the full effect for passive noise cancellation.

Last edited by Hawkeye0001; 19th Jul 2015 at 11:14.