PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Days Off String with Jepp Bid System
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2015, 17:22
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glofish

The scales are already tipped significantly in favour of our training colleagues, when it comes to rostering. Giving up two days from five rostered days to three rostered days is extremely significant for us as line pilots but it is insignificant in the context of the overall difference that already exists, between line and training rosters in general.

Days off aside, there is just as much if not more of a difference in how trips are shared and allocated. One trainer that springs to mind regularly gets two trips each month, back home to a very popular destination. An absolutely impossible feat for a line pilot.

I could understand a degree of frustration if our training colleagues were treated the same as us now and things were all of a sudden being significantly biased in their favour, but this is not the case.

I personally don't have an issue with the trainers getting some preferential treatment because their role requires some sacrifices to be made. Perhaps supply and demand has ensured that our training colleagues have kept some of their roster privileges? Good luck to them I say!