PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Days Off String with Jepp Bid System
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2015, 16:49
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The string of days off however is a 'perk' and not a contractual issue
No Harry, it is a recent restriction, one that does not apply to everyone. There's the difference, some are more equal.

So, your comment that you're 'not looking forward to your next encounter with any of you' is not only disappointing coming from a fellow professional but also highly generalised and immature.
It might sound harsh, yes, but here's why:

'Fellow professional' sounds quite hollow if the other fellow has unfair privileges. As immature as it may appear to you, this only comes when trainers actually 'defend' their unfair privileges with arguments that are easily countered: Any additional workload, any more time spent for the sake of training is voluntary. No one forced you to do that. You are paid for that as compensation. There is nothing a line pilot should have to endure, and by letting others get more string days off, we get less, so we truly sacrifice something. The continuous insistence that you give us vital service is not true. Training can be outsourced and these guys would not take strings of days off away from the lot.
As much as i appreciate having you guys as trainers, i will not by any means be happy to give up on any QOL. If AAR wants no strings of days off, so be it, but then a very powerful sign could be that all trainers no longer sacrifice their additional workload. Compensating this, as well as accepting this with a 'goodie' that is as important to all pilots just does not cut my sense of ..... fellow porfessionals.