PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 18th Jul 2015, 06:36
CaptainMidnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't having a shot specific to you Leady, and I'm aware of your input and involvement over the years. Having been in the industry nigh on 40 years myself, we've probably been at the same forums from time to time.

So some issues for the way forward, in no particular order:
  • CASA to evaluate cheap 1090ES transponder/GPS combinations WRT compliance with current specifications, and consider revising specifications where appropriate, to facilitate a cost-effective means of GA fitment of ADS-B;
  • CASA to consider a complete re-analysis of the Australian ADS-B mandate, a proper risk analysis and a cost/benefit justification for any subsequent mandate;
  • CASA and Airservices to work with the industry WRT revaluating the ADS-B implementation mandate, to a date appropriate and workable for GA;
  • CASA and Airservices to work with the industry towards increasing the number of ADS-B ground stations, to increase low level coverage;
  • CASA and Airservices to work with the industry towards the lowering of Class E airspace where surveillance (SSR or ADS-B) exists or is required, thereby increasing the benefits of ADS-B to industry;
  • more?