PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - “SIDS compulsory because of CASA Regulatory Structure?”
Old 18th Jul 2015, 06:12
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looigi,
By the sound of it, the NZ experience is much the same as here.

Even before the SIDs were published, based on experience. I decided that, if I ever bought another 100 series Cessna, I would only buy one with completely rebuilt wings. This came about as a result of an association with a program to completely rebuild C-152 to "better than new" standards, part of the "better" being effective corrosion proofing during re-assembly.

Nothing I have seen since has suggested that was an excessively cautious decision. Some C 402 have varied from ugly to scary. None, nil, naught have been "good".

One thing I like about my activities in NZ (and US/CA) is the almost complete absence of the kind of rancor that so infests aviation in Australia, with various AU groups for ever at each other's throats, handing an already pre-divided sector to the "regulators" to conquer with minimum effort.

This is evident throughout the Australian based threads/posts on pprune, and most other Australian aviation related blog sites.

With the exception of your CAA doctors (the head honcho being Australian), even NZ CAA is a relative pleasure to do business with, compared to CASA here, CAA NZ being a "can do" outfit, versus CASA "can't do".

Is is so surprising that so many other countries have followed the NZ approach to aviation legislation in their own reform programs, it works.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Sorry about the slight thread drift, folks.