PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2015, 16:10
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
Yes, I read Dave Unwin's article with interest. It doesn't really mention any real facts about what has happened apart from that he can't believe it's taken since Apr 14 to get some airworthy aircraft. He also blames the MAA (quite unfairly in my view).

What I do agree with is the fact that the Vikings have taken so long to sort out - as far as I'm aware they are Grob 103 Acros withoutthe fiddling that the Grob109s has to become Vigilants. Is this assumption correct? I would have thought that prioritising the Vikings to return to flight first might have made more sense, rather than the Viggis.

Now that this 'pause' has lasted 15 months is it time for 2FTS to come clean over why the grounding has occured? It really can't be a pause after all this time and might proactively stop media articles like Dave's causing the RAF further embarassment with speculative articles with a headline like:

Brought down, not by enemy action...You simply won't believe how long the RAF Air Training Corps has been denied serviceable gliders (c) Dave Unwin, Pilot Magazine 2015

LJ