PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice on pax safety please
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2015, 09:42
Fionn101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent comments Redsnail, Phiggs and JohnR81 , thank you so much.

JohnR81 I could not have written it better myself.
As I pay the monthly insurance bill it is a high priority for me to keep it clean for insurance reasons. I would rather have 20 day's with higher operating costs than one day out with a higher insurance cost !

Shutdown for safety is very cost effective in our C172's.

PhiggsBroadband, thank you too. I am no photographer and I didn't think about internal reflections from reflective material. Someone is about to earn €10 and 20 mins of Plexus training ;-)

I will also remind our pilots that slide-slipping is strictly prohibited, thanks again for the reminder.

Redsnail , another thank you for taking the time out to advise , Marshaling will be done by the flight school. I have the pax going in groups of 3 to the aircraft. led by a ground staffer. 2 planes will be in operation flying 30 min sortie's 15 mins apart. so I don't expect more than 4 people airside at any one time. I will try to keep the numbers down airside.

Great idea regarding phraseology. I will change my wording to read bumpy air, friendly ATC accordingly.

I have said shirt and epaulette's , and I find a clipboard and a smile to be a great addition to the uniform. Thanks again for your comments

Some Sage advice on cancelling everything for weather. I have an advantage in my operation that the guests pay separately for the coach and scenic flight, so if the weather cancels the flying then we give them a tour of the air museum for photos and off down to the local harbour for chips and a pier walk or you can stay in the pub.
We still make a few euro on the coach and it removes the 'get there-itis'. Last day out we cancelled the guests were delighted at getting some facebook profile photos in the museum and off they went happily.

I'm delighted I asked this questions here now, so many additions to the checklist.

Enjoy your weekend,
Fionn