PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B Mandate – ATCs Responsible for Deaths?
Old 17th Jul 2015, 09:10
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to FAA installation data, 297 U.S. air carrier aircraft and 97 international airlines’ aircraft had been equipped with rule-compliant ADS-B as of the end of May. By contrast there were 10,902 GA aircraft outfitted with the technology at that time as well as 28 U.S. military aircraft.
Folks,
The above from this week's Aviation Week and Space Technology.

I know that US carriers have been very reluctant to fit ADS-B, because they don't see any benefit for the capital expenditure, but even so, the 297 looks very low.

The GA figure is about 6% of the fleet, but doesn't mean much, given the far more relaxed mandate, compared to Australia.

Re. the Garmin announcement, check to see if it complies with CASA certification requirements, I had a quick look at the spec., I don't think it does.

There is a rather interesting piece of new GA gear from L3 Corp., which is certified, ADS-B out is either 1090ES or UAT, owner choice, but it has dual ADS-B IN for traffic display --- only relevant to the US setup, but still interesting. Price, no idea, not in the advert.

Tootle pip!!