PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India to invite CPL holders for Airbus as type-rated pilots flunk psychometric te
Old 17th Jul 2015, 08:59
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karbine
You are making correlations that do not exist speagle1. CPL holders aren't being invited because "Type rating causes psychological problems" but just to have a bigger list of applicants and more options so that they can adequately fill the vacant positions in the company which as we know did not happen when only type-rated pilots were invited.

From the plethora of accusations and logical inconsistencies you choose - "CPL invited cuz Type rating causes psychological problems hurr durr bureaucracy blah blah".
I suspect that having 25% of pilots fail the psych exam means that the method being used is faulty.

Of course if they have no more type rated guys, then they will have to look elsewhere. Then the geniuses who are in charge of all this can ask themselves if they really made thing s safer by placing a bunch of inexperienced guys in the aircraft actually made things safer when the reality is that India has never had an intentional crash due to suicide issues.

If the authorities actually believe that they have made things safer by rejecting a full 25% of experienced guys for what in in reality is a very unlikely case of a mentally unstable pilot, then perhaps those authorities themselves should be fired for stupidity and lack of common sense.

Taking numbers out of the air with no actual date to back me up except common sense, if the authorities had the intelligence to realize that there is perhaps on in 1,000 pilots that should be grounded for mental issues and 1 in 100 of those pilots was an actual suicidal threat, then I would say that they have credibility.

Get ready for psych tests and making sure an F/A is in the cockpit prior to leaving to check on something in an emergency to take priority over handling the emergency.