Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2015, 19:38
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA Provisional Stats June:

US flights:
Miami had 4,863 pax on what I think was 18 flights
Average Load 270 which is a LF of 84% based on 322 seats on TCX.

On IAD, I wondered if the Wed./ Thurs flights were back for the full month.
If it was daily with no cancellations, the drop of 6% with an average load of 132 is slightly disappointing (LF 78%).

Good to see both MCO and LAS up (5% and 9%)

ME3.
Gavin, if June were typical for EK, I doubt we'd be seeing the 3rd A380 anytime soon. Fortunately, June, like May, tends to be a quieter month if I'm not mistaken so is not typical. If the B777 was a 3 class configuration every day, the average load of 339 is about a 73% LF. ( Need to check but I think the 2% increase on June 2014 was smaller than the percentage increase at BHX, GLA, and LGW. In peak months, we hit over 70,000 pax.

I'm surprised EY was down 17% (average load 216) but don't know the a/c mix this year and last.

QR was up 11% (average load 173) but with 14 flights weekly instead of 10 last June, a larger increase may have been hoped for. Again the a/c mix may be a factor although I suspect there were still a number of A333s that operated this June.

Saudia increased 26% (with an extra flight?) and an average load of 204.

SQ after a good run of increases was down 6% but with an average load of 123. Is it correct that MAN-MUC pax on these flights would be included under MUC? It would seem logical.

Overall, a mixed bag on long haul but some good results included, notably CX.

MAN's 3.1% increase in pax is very much 'steady as she goes' while airports roughly half the size of MAN, - LTN, GLA, and EDI - had double digit percentage increases.