PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2015, 16:57
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narrow
Do office staff get offered 70% contracts, until "as and when" the company can make them 100%?

Do office staff get paid 50% until the company have enough time and resource to train them? After all, an area that most trainees have little control over, and is indeed, purely under the control of the company?

No, I didn't think so.
One of the down sides to be a Pilot is they are highly paid (in most cases) assets. Certainly in my previous airlines they were on more $$ than the MD and a lot lot less commercial pressure.
Jet 2 are a seasonal airline as you know. They are just taking advantage of the market conditions. As you know it's quiet common for Cabin Crew to be seasonal so instead of laying Pilots off (fearing they won't come back unlike a lot of cabin crew do) they go to these 70% contracts. Yes it's crap but it might suit some F/O, get the hours and move on, or Captains - move close to home for family reasons.

My experience of Office Staff levels is lean n mean and the 30% saving for a Captains salary will pay for a few!