PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2015, 05:55
The Many Tentacles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to think the 30 days are given for human assessors to look for the training potential in candidates (i.e. sensible bearings, lack of collisions, response to conflict reports, etc.), hence I'd also like to think the pass mark is more relaxed in that sense!
On the basis that almost all of HR seem to have absolutely no idea about what the job entails beyond a brief description I'd highly doubt it. I fully suspect it's all done by a computer with reviews by someone checking against some guidelines.

There is nothing to do to prepare for the FEAST and DART tests. If you buy some sort of product that gives you some tasks to complete, they may be different to what you face in the actual tests and you'll hesitate and screw up. If you think about it too much going into it, you'll screw up. They want people who can naturally pass it, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to do the course if I couldn't have naturally passed it considering how difficult they are reassuring me the course will be. If you have the natural skills you'll be fine, and I imagine a lot of people would only have applied if they thought they could do the job on some level.
This is the most sensible piece of advice I've seen on here in a long time. If you're not suited for it and try and force yourself through the tests you will come unstuck later in training, maybe not at the college, but you'll get found out at some point.