PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Battle of Britain? 40% of young people don't know what it is
Old 15th Jul 2015, 21:20
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Tin Rattling for B o B

Danny 42C
As a Cadet that spent many hours 'tin rattling' (in my case at the Whyteleafe Station level crossing) (where the cars could not escape) I have to say it was a privilege to help the cause, and in my case even better as our Squadron; 450 ATC had our HQ on the old flight apron at RAF Kenley just up the hill.
It was quite easy to be inspired at Kenley due to its part in the front line of the battle, and I still can absorb its presence on my return visits.
Make no mistake whatever line you take this was a pivotal time for the free world and Kenley** 'with ALL the people involved' had an important part in our history.If in this PC mad world this has been played down it is not to anyones credit.I trust you are enjoying the 75th anniversary year and the very best to you. Even in the early 60's this part of our history did not seem to feature much in the education system, so I suspect it is no better now.
** including the other Airfields.