PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B1.1 License help
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2015, 20:50
sal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool B1.1 License help

Right from the get go I will apologise if this has been posted several times before! Also if anything I say is wrong feel free to keep it to yourselves...nah I'm kidding.

So here is my dilemma folks...
Basically I have a few questions regarding the acquirement of a EASA B1.1 engineers license...I graduated in 2013 and really want to be an aircraft engineer and still can't get my head round a few things...

So here goes...

I have studied Aerospace Technology with Management at University of Hertfordshire so would I need to complete the 5 year worth of experience still?

How would I go about gaining this 5 years of experience? What is the best way to get in? Where should I look and to whom do I apply to??

Do I complete the theory aspect first before venturing into the practical side of things?

If I fail my exams can I retake? If so…how many times?

With the theory side (which I still need to do) why is it some places charge £7000 to learn the theory where as other places could allow me just to purchase the reading material for the fraction of the price????

So when I am getting experience do I first get type rating on a particular aircraft or would that be after the 5 years worth of experience?

Could anyone give me further hints and tips for a enthusiastic engineer wannabe like myself?

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter

Sal1